Thursday 19 July 2012

TAG: 7 Deadly sins of Beauty

1. GREED - What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
I actually don't have much of an extensive collection, as I've only been building up my materials for about a year and a half now, but I'd say that the most expensive beauty item I have would be Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation. 
I love this foundation so much, but if I'm completely honest, I didn't buy it myself! My friend got it for his 'pale' days but it actually makes his skin look a little on the grey side, but we tried it on me and it seems to be a good match, so he gave it to me. I like how easy it is to use, with a pump nozzle and it's a good consistancy, not too cakey but gives a brilliant coverage at the same time. I was applying it with a foundation brush at first but I found that I can actually apply it a lot faster with my hands and it just glides on and blends in perfectly. My skin is so difficult to find foundation for and I was crying out for a new one after using 'Miracle Matte' Foundation by '17' for £5.99 but my skin has been far too dry, but then I do have my oily tendencies! This product is around £6.99 but he got it in Superdrug with a 3-for-1 deal on some other bits.

The next item I actually did buy myself, is the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner, in black.

You can get this from most places such as Boots, Superdrug etc but I got mine from ASDA at a trial price of around £5, I think it now retails at around £7.99 in Superdrug. It's a brilliant eyeliner and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something easy to work with! You get a free brush with it, but I bought a separate angled brush from AVON, for £2.

Least expensive - I actually always buy the cheapest eyeliners, I got a black pencil eyeliner from w7 for around £2, but I've gone off kohl eyeliner a little bit, I definitely prefer gel or liquid, it's easier to work with and easy to remove if you go wrong!

2. WRATH - What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I think for this one it's got to be the I love... sugar scrub I have! It's nothing to do with the quality of the product or anything, it's brilliant to use as a body exfoliator, it's just the smell...I got given the 'Chocolate and Orange' I think it was called, it's a white product and I'm not entirely sure they sell it anymore, I got  given it as a present quite a while ago from the mother of one of my friends, and I never opened it until recently. I love it because it keeps my skin feeling nice and soft, but hate the smell of that particular one but that's just me! I'd like to try out another of their products to see what I'd like more, because I'm sure I'd love them and do more reviews! 


3. GLUTTONY - What are your most delicious beauty products?
Define delicious! I wouldn't say any of my products taste good, but I do collect hair conditioner for the scent! I'm currently in love with the smell of Herbal Essences 'Beautiful Ends split end protection intensive mask - red raspberry & silk extracts', it's so fruity and my absolute favourite conditioning product as of now, and has been for a little while!




4. SLOTH - What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
I think this one's definitely going to have to be, moisturiser. I used to moisturise alllll the time up until a few months ago, I couldn't handle the pain of using a moisturiser as soon as I got out of the bath/shower after shaving my legs! They say it's the best time to moisturise because it'll lock in more moisture than if you use it on your dry skin, but having just-shaved skin and putting products on it does not match! So I've really cut down, and I only moisturise my face in the evening when cleansing my face, I don't moisturise as much before putting on make-up because it's just another step in my morning routine! I'm going to try a different moisturiser, though because the one I have is starting to burn my face a little bit so maybe I'm having a reaction-but my mum likes it so it won't go to waste! 


5. PRIDE - What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
For this I was going to put foundation, but if I were to go out in just 1 product, it would have to be mascara. If I'm not wearing mascara I look equivalent to a troll! The tips of my eyelashes are blonde so they look really short if I don't wear mascara/tint my eyelashes so I'd say it definitely boosts my confidence when I'm wearing mascara, I think it gives me more of an open-eyed look.
                                                 



6. LUST - What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?

I like tall people, but who doesn't! Also, unusual features attracts me to a person. If they have big eyes, big teeth, messy hair or a unique style, I'll be drawn to them instantly. Also, it is very important that they're open minded. I don't tolerate hate of any kind, whether it be homophobia, racism sexism etc. It really makes a person seem unintelligent and puts me off the person straight away.
7. ENVY - What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
I don't have any LUSH in my collection yet! I really want to try some of their products, especially the shampoo bars I've heard so much about, and 'Snow Fairy' sounds really sweet but that's a limited edition product they only sell around Christmas time so I'll have to keep my eyes peeled!! 

1 comment:

  1. i love this tag. x
    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete